The only way to predict the future is to create it
An LED Timed Showerhead designed to save you water & money!
With an integrated timing and lighting system, Aquacica combines attractive aesthetics with innovative technology.
Begin showering with 5 minutes of green light. This is then followed by 2 minutes of amber light to let you know time is running out. The process concludes when the lights turn red on the seven minute mark.
Smart, Creative and Appealing!
“Creating innovative products to change the future of the world”
Mission Statement of Greener Globe
Aquacica is a patented showerhead with a timing and lighting system. We integrated LED lights into the face of the showerhead so the light illuminates the water as the flows out. The LEDs are controlled by a timing chip. This operates the LEDs turning them on, off and changing the colour. The product works without the need for electricity. Aquacica is designed to work inside a seven minute time frame.
Green LightAs the shower begins the LEDs will turn on automatically illuminating the water green. The LEDs will stay green for five minutes.
Following the five minutes, the LEDs change to amber for two minutes. The amber light is a “warning” period letting you know that time is running out.
Red LightAfter seven minutes of shower time the LEDs will turn red indicating that the suggested duration of a shower has passed and you should get out. This does not stop the flow of water but allows the user to be aware that they are over the suggested time.
The Shower of the future
- The showerhead uses an International colour-code system:
- Green for go, amber for prepare to stop, red for stop.
- This makes the product very accessible and user-friendly.
- Aquacica is an energy free product.
- No battery is needed for the showerhead to work.
- The system is powered by the kinetic energy of the water passing through.
- This means that the entire system uses no electricity or money.
- Provides a relaxing & soothing showering experience.
Saving 36 litres per shower
1,008 litres a week on average
Save 52,416 litres a year
€73 a year saved
- 9 litres of water wasted per minute in a shower. Average shower time 11 mins.
- 11 mins x 9 litres = 99 litres of water
- Aquacica recommends concluding shower at 7 mins.
- Saving 36 litres per shower and 1,008 litres a week on average.
- 52,416 litres a year which costs the bill payer €73 a year.
*based on family of four
Features and Benefits
Not only does the showerhead function extremely well, it looks the part and can certainly be classed as a luxury product.
The features speak for themselves. The LED lighting system is unique and always fascinates new customers. The fact that the LEDs are on a timer and run in a traffic light sequence is also an attractive feature and the nicely finished design of the showerhead only adds to the overall experience.
The benefits of Aquacica are incredible. Not only will the shower, on average, pay itself off in around 7 months, it will continue to save you money and of course minimise unnecessary water wastage. The benefits are tremendous, especially for homeowners or families with children. Every customer will benefit hugely by using our showerhead!
Greener Globe is a business that has made it to the world stage. It all began back in September of 2013 when 2 students in Tullamore College in Co. Offaly came up with a brilliant, innovative product that would help save water and money by the millions. The students started to realise when they began receiving great interest from thousands of people at school competitions nationally that they were onto something good and quickly went about patented their idea.
The business proceeded to enter the SAGE World Cup, through the YSI Foundation, to represent Ireland over in Moscow. SAGE is an internationally renowned competition where students from all over the world compete in two categories; Social Enterprise Business and Social Responsible Business. The Irish Greener Globe team went on to win the SEB category and claim the world title. Not a bad achievement being the first ever Irish team to enter!
We are now selling our product internationally. Get yours today!
Cian is a science student in Trinity College Dublin. He is deeply involved in the Trinity Entrepreneurial Society working on behalf of Greener Globe. He is a sporty, friendly student from Tullamore who has a passion business. He has been deeply involved with Greener Globe from day one and came up with the idea of the Aquacica showerhead. He is 19 years old. Contact Cian on LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jack is 20 years old and enjoys playing sport, debating politics, current affairs and keeping up with the business world. A college student now, he is in 2nd year studying Commerce in UCD. With Jack’s business knowledge combined with Cian’s science knowledge they hope to cover all angles in the business world. Jack has been in Greener Globe from the start and helped it get to where it is today. Contact Jack on LinkedIn or at email@example.com
Greener Globe is a business that has made it to the world stage
We would like to thank the NTR Foundation for funding this website and Vodafone Ireland Foundation, YSI and Offaly Co.Co. for all the help throughout our business venture.
- Winner of Social Enterprise at the SAGE World Cup in Moscow – August 2014
- Recipient of Presidential Reception from President Michael D. Higgins
- Winner of “Best new idea” in Ireland Best Young Entrepreneur 2014
- Winner of “Making Our World Greener” Award at YSI Showcase – sponsored by NTR Foundation
- Winner of Senior Energy and Senior Enterprise at ECO-UNESCO Finalists
- Winners of Best Display at BT Young Scientist 2014
- Senior Winner at “Co-Operation is Cool” Laois County Enterprise Board
- Winners of Senior Technology at SCIFEST 2014
- Winners of Senior Environment category at Young Environmentalist
- Recipient of €10,000 grant from Local Enterprise Office
- Recipient of Civic Reception from Offaly County Council
- Received funding from YSI Den 2014
AND MANY MORE!